Work at Home Kit

The More You Read, The More You Learn

Why learning is important..."It is critical that a company create the kind of environment in which people really believe they can learn, grow, and prosper. The focus has to be on developing people."


Google

Friday, February 20, 2009

Learning About File Extensions

I have never before considered myself computer savvy, but over the last two years, I sure have come a long way.

With determination, I have learned all about HTML codes, publishing websites, troubleshoot problems that surface with my computer etc, etc...I find that I do not have to ask a friend for his help as often as I once did. I can now troubleshoot a problem and fix it within a reasonable amount of time.

My new goal is to learn about file extensions. A file extension is at the end of a file name and it describes what kind of file it is. You need different applications to open files based on their file type. You may have trouble opening a file if you do not have the application necessary. Have you ever run into this problem?

I think we are all familiar with the more known types of files: jpg, doc, mp3, exe. I was having some trouble with file extension xpi. Do you know what type of file this refers to?

This extension refers to a compressed file which contains programs for opening it. It is used for downloading and installing other extensions or software components.
Mozilla and Firefox are usually associated with using these file types. If you have Windows, like me, you may have trouble opening this type of file extension unless you have the XPI software. This software can be downloaded from the Internet.

Another reason Window users may not be able to open this type of file is due to registry errors. You can go to File Extension Library, which offers a free scan to find out if you do have errors on your computer.

If you find over time, your computer is running slower and slower, this may be one of the causes. Your registry runs slow due to installing and uninstalling programs, start up tasks, corrupted drivers and so on. IF this is left unchecked, your system becomes increasingly unstable. It will run more slowly and you will find it will crash frequently.

If you have questions about any type of file extension and want the answer, go to http://file-extension-library.com. You will see straight to the point, easy to understand answers... no fluff to confuse you. If I can understand the concept behind all the many types of file extensions, you can too.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=d8fa872d2bd6cfcebf9ecb17a75c07c9